THE MOST TRUSTED SERVICE CENTRE
AFTER SERVICE WARRANTY
AFTER SERVICING WARRANTY
Orpheus Dive Pte Ltd warrants that during the warranty period will, at its sole discretion, remedy defects in materials or workmanship free of charge either by a) repairing, or b) replacing, or c) refunding, subject to the terms and conditions of this International Limited Warranty.
Warranty Period FOR SERVICES RENDERED
The Limited Warranty Period starts
- The Warranty Period is one (1) year for a change of batteries. Should your battery not last for 12 months, please provide your original receipt and a free change of battery can be claimed.
- Please note, all Suunto Dive Computers are recommended for 2 years or 200 dives full servicing, that includes changing of the buttons. We will inform you about the required services and should you decide not to do it, we will not be able to provide any warranty against flooding of your unit.
- The Warranty Period is one (1) year for accessories including but not limited to wireless sensors, chargers, cables, rechargeable batteries, straps, bracelets, and hoses.
- The Warranty Period is five (5) years for failures attributable to the depth measurement (pressure) sensor on Suunto Dive Computers.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear such as scratches, abrasions, or alteration of the color and/or material of non-metallic straps
- Computers that have been advised that they need to undergo 2 years or 200 dives full servicing and was rejected by the owner.
- Defects caused by rough handling, or c) defects or damage resulting from use contrary to intended or recommended use, improper care, negligence, and accidents such as dropping or crushing;
- Defects or alleged defects caused by use with any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured or supplied by Suunto;
- Non-rechargeable batteries.
Orpheus Dive Pte Ltd does not warrant that the operation of the Product or accessory will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the Product or accessory will work with any hardware or software provided by a third party.
This International Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product or accessory:
- Has been opened beyond intended use;
- Has been repaired using unauthorized spare parts; modified or repaired by unauthorized Service Center;
- The serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible in any way, as determined at the sole discretion of Suunto; or
- Has been exposed to chemicals including but not limited to sunscreen and mosquito repellents.
DAMAGED COMPUTER BY OTHER DIVE CENTRE
Please take note of the following, during the routine battery change, should we discover your computer being tempered by an Authorized Technician or Unauthorized Technician, we will inform you immediately and stop performing any works on it. You can decide to inform the last person who has tampered with your computer and make claims with them.
Should you request for a full report of diagnosis for the claims, that can be done by our technicians and there will be a fee of SGD$ 50.00 for a full diagnosis report of your Suunto Diving Computer.
INSTALLED THIRD PARTIES PARTS
Should you have installed or engaged a third party to install any form of third party parts including Strap Adapters and Straps, please have them removed before sending it to us. We will not offer any form of warranty coverage on non-Suunto Parts.
Cheap adapters, currently distributed by Dive Lab Singapore, also known as Joshua Foo are not recommended. These cheap China made adapters have inferior screws and often after a year of using, it is almost impossible to remove. We will reject any Suunto Dive Computers that have been pre-installed with such cheap adapters. So please have them remove before sending your unit to us.
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM SUUNTO – 2 YEARS 200 DIVE SERVICE
Most Suunto Dive Computer owners are not aware of this. Suunto recommends a complete overhaul of your diving instrument every 2 year or 200 dives, whichever comes first. During the recommended servicing, the following services will be rendered on your diving instrument (computers).
The computer will be disassembled down to the case.
- All of the o-rings / seals will be replaced.
- The 4 button contacts inside will be replaced.
- All 4 of the buttons will be replaced.
- There will be an integrity test which places the computer under pressure and tests for displacement of the case and air tightness.
- Lastly, a function test will be done where the computer is dived in a pressure pot to test the functionality of your Suunto Dive Computer.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO DO THIS?
Like any diving equipment you own, each piece of diving equipment, whether you have diligently maintained it or not, there are bound to be wear and tear. For models such as the Suunto D4, D4i or D4i Novo, the four buttons have O-Rings in it and are held by a small piece of Circlip (also commonly known as E-Clip). Over time, the O-rings installed in the buttons do get worn down and potentially can cause a leak when you use it underwater.
For Suunto D6, D6i, D6i Novo, D9, Stinger, Spyder, they too should have their buttons replace. But it is slightly easier to replace the buttons on these models and usually during your battery change, we will recommend that you have them change based on 2 year or 200 dives.